Absens - Absence with sensitivity
absence management programme and confidential advisory line
covering workplace absence, which includes:
- 24 hour absence management.
- 1st. point of call for employees.
- Access by line managers to absence statistics.
- Immediate email/text to managers re employee absence.
- Management of all absence records.
- Advice on length of absence.
- Referral to OH when required.
- Direct early access to OH referral.
- Referral to GP if required.
- Statistical summaries as requested or quarterly.
- Assistance with pro-active healthcare management to reduce absenteeism.
- On-site assessments if necessary for pro-active health management.
The employee should call the absens health number as soon as they know they are going to be absent from work. They must also call this number if they have had an accident at work which resulted in an injury. All medical information involved in this absence monitoring programme is protected under the Data Protection Act. The nurses may telephone the employee during absence to ensure good advice and treatment is being provided and to update the employer regarding the plan to return to work. It may be necessary for the employee to see an Occupational Health Physician prior to their return, to ensure no changes are to be made to the workplace or job design.